Are you looking for a way to spice up your marketing? Try adding videos. Think about it. Which would you rather do? Spend 10-20 minutes reading a corporate brochure or 2-3 minutes watching an engaging video? The answer is clear. In fact, a Forbes Insights/Google survey discovered that if both text and video are available on the same page, 59% of senior executives prefer to watch the video.
Think outside the box when deciding how and why to use videos in your marketing communications. Of course, you can use them to introduce your company and the products or services you offer. But there’s so much more you can do with videos. For example, they can be used to:
- Demonstrate how a service or product works and how it’s applicable for solving a prospect’s need. Seeing the product in motion or an illustration of how the service works is more appealing, engaging and convincing than reading a brochure or telling a prospect how it’s used. Take a look at our video: youtube.com/watch?v=SJXT-3nhaqY.
- Show customer testimonials and case studies. Isn’t it more interesting to see and hear satisfied customers describe their experiences with your company than reading them?
- Share knowledge and wisdom about your industry, particularly if the information is complex.
- Promote special events, such as conferences, webinars, exhibits and podcasts.
- Produce tutorials and training on your products or services.
- Use in email campaigns – one survey found that when videos were used in emails, the click-through rated increased by 200% – 300%.
Adding and updating the content on your website encourages prospects and customers to return to your website frequently to see what’s new. Videos help with this in a big way. They appear in almost 70% of the top 100 search results listings on Google, providing a huge SEO increase. Even more important – website visitors who view these product videos are 85% more likely to make a purchase than those who didn’t view a video. According to Angel Vision, creator of short videos called Impact Movies, “the right message delivered at the right time in the sales process makes all the difference.”
Spice up your marketing by adding videos
Customers are hungry for information, but want it fast. Videos enable companies to communicate their important points to target audiences in very little time.